Re: [opensuse] Registration in 10.1
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:20:53 +0100

Michael Loeffler wrote:
> [...]
>
> I would like to bring in some facts into this discussion.
>
> [...]

Thanks for that update! I would also like to provide some additional
facts ;-) One fact is that the name "registration" has been chosen very
injudiciously for such a process. With such a name, I think it was to be
expected that people would be suspicious and would have objections
against that process. Names need to be chosen very carefully because
people don't make up their opinion by looking at the actual process or
the real facts, they simply use whatever they associate with the term
"registration" - and in many cases, this association is quite negative.

But maybe Novell was already planning for the future and there is a good
reason for calling this process "registration"... ;-)

Cheers,
Th.