Re: [opensuse] packagemanagement in 10.1
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:09:10 +0200
Hi,

On Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 07:05:33, Kyek, Andreas, VF-DE wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about the packagemanagement in 10.1.
>
> AFAIK there is yast, smart and apt. smart shall be the
> successor of apt, which will (AFAIK) be supported last
> time with 10.1

and yum and y2pmsh and rug/zmd...

> What about smart? Is smart the upcoming tool in 10.x or
> is it yast (with this migrated software for software
> management where I read something somewhere about?)

There is no upcomming tool. Linux is about choice. Preconfigured
Packagemanager will "always" be YaST/libzypp.

> Can someone clarify that or tell me a link, where I can
> read something about that?

I started http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Management

maybe you can help and expand it with examples for apt4rpm?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, Core Services
"Rules change. The Game remains the same."

< Previous Next >