Re: [opensuse] Thank you to the Team
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:10:18 -0700
Hi,

On Saturday 13 May 2006 07:48, houghi wrote:

> I say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" all the time. Still people
> install each and every version that comes along and complain at the
> same time that they are forced to upgrade so often. Sigh.

Well, keep in mind that Novell / SuSE have only a 2-year commitment to
each release. Those who require package updates and don't want or have
the ability to build everything themselves are pretty much forced to
upgrade.

I also find that my promiscuous exploration of new software tends to
make my system rather crufty after not too many months, so I welcome
the new releases as an opportunity for a fresh start. I never do update
installations, though. I always perform a clean installation on newly
initialized partitions or disks, keeping the old root directory around
at least long enough to serve as a reference for configurations and
settings and as a fallback in case of trouble.

This time I'm going to install 10.1 under Parallels on my MacBook Pro.

> houghi

Randall Schulz