Re: [opensuse] 10.1 DVD delay
  • From: "Matt Bottrell" <mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:54:33 +1000
We will soon publish the official DVDs via BT and .jigdo Files -- it might
take until Monday, but maybe we can get them up even earlier.

Fair call....

Is this something that can be looked at for 10.2? Most users these days DO
have DVD drives... and prefer the idea of not changing media during an
install. Having the DVD images out via BT (and potentially jigdo) at the
same time is likely to reduce the load on mirrors.

Would be interesting to see how many users currently suck down the CD images
to turn around just to create the DVD.
--
Matt Bottrell
mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx