Re: [opensuse] Unofficial - Suse 10.1 DVDs for 32-bit and 64-bit
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:37:30 +0100

Matt Bottrell wrote:
> [...]
> I've made some 10.1 DVDs using the fantastic makeSUSEdvd scripts.

>From my point of view, it's a serious drawback that there is no
"official" DVD in the first place. Many people don't understand that
and it sheds some negative light onto the project. At least judging
the things I have heard here...

> I've also added the CD6 (non-OSS) stuff to the build so you have a full
> distro with all the SuSE goodness.
>
> CD 1-5 (OSS) + CD6 (Non-OSS)

I have seen some comments in other places that people had some problems
with such DVDs when registering 10.1 (comment: although no personal data
is submitted in this registration process, I again think that this is
step in the wrong direction!). Do you know about any such problems? It
seems as if a string 'SUSE-Linux-10.1-Add-on' is submitted and this
leads to a "No products to register" on the server side...

> NB: These are unofficial. They aren't provided by the OpenSuSE.org project
> / SUSE or Novell.

Thanks anyway... ;-)

Cheers,
Th.