Re: [opensuse] 10.1 DVD delay
  • From: "Matt Bottrell" <mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:24:17 +1000
On 5/13/06, houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 10:47:48AM +0200, Christoph Thiel wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2006, houghi wrote:
>
> > What is the reason the DVD is not yet available? I am trying to think
of
> > a reason, but I can't find one.
>
> Do you think any of our mirrors would have been able to handle the
> addiontal traffic for the DVDs? I don't think so!

What additional traffic? Instead of downloading the 1 DVD, people download
the 6CDs. That is about the same size, I would think.

Agree with your houghi....

People generally only download one version... not both.

I've created the DVD from as a result for those that want it and have hosted
it on linuxtracker.org -- after many friends/colleagues were wanting the DVD
instead of the CDs.

See my other Email on the topic. ;-)

--
Matt Bottrell