Re: [opensuse] First impressions of SUSE 10.1
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 19:19:09 +0200
On Friday 12 May 2006 16:39, JD. Brown wrote:
> > Great work SUSE!

> I really,really,really like it alot myself! I'm still waiting on my
> backorder box set but, I had to download this one to check it out. I
> think the boot time is fine and no weird bugs so far on three
> computers.

Everything but the package management is great, no question about it..

But the package manager will cause people a lot of trouble I'm afraid and will
haunt this release.

I personally recommend people to stick with 10.0. I also think Novell should
consider to communicate that 10.1 is sort of an interim release that might
cause some problems. I'm afraid a lot of people will be disappointed and will
never use SUSE again..

But perhaps I'm the only one with zmd, parse-metadata, zen and yast getting on
my nerves.. slow, ressource hungry, error messages constantly .. and
generally weird behaviour.

Some of it might have to do with packman and guru not being completely in
place - and the inst-sources being under heavy load.. but definitely not all
of it..

Of course I understand the background of all this - and I very much so have
faith in the future..

Martin / cb400f

< Previous Next >