Re: [opensuse] First impressions of SUSE 10.1
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:33:19 +0200
Shriramana Sharma wrote:

P.S: Please, all, share your first impressions.

I have a pretty complicated install, so I always need to tweak the install and for some days will go from 10.0 to 10.1

here I'm on 10.1

* I had an UID of 500, now have 1000.

I can't remember if I forced 10.0 to give me 500 (probably). This makes going from 10.1 to 10.0 tricky (as long as I need to go back and forth), as I can't share the files.

for Mozilla, I just had to copy the files as root and chown them.

* I had to download seamonkey (still too buggy) and mozilla 1.7.13. Mozilla has a problem: when I clik on a link in a mail, the browser don't open.

* Received a security announce on suse list, went to ssh for my 10.0 server, launch yast and got a scrumbled screen (when enlarged) - didn't have this problem with 10.0 - the you update goes well.

* the "home" Konqueror icon is red (was blue :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net