Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 11:10:43PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Freitag, 5. Mai 2006 23:48 schrieb houghi:
> > On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 11:39:20PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> [...]
> > > BTW: The fact that nearly nobody noticed this yet shows that SUSE
> > > chose the least important packages to be FTP-only ;-))
> >
> > Most likely because the DVD9 was not yet publicly available. Or am I
> > missing something?
>
> No, you didn't miss anything. I don't have any DVD9 of 10.1 yet (but it
> was available SUSE-internally AFAIK).

That was the reason nobody noticed. ;-)

> BTW: There were some FTP-only packages in 10.0 already, but the list was
> shorter - http://suse-linux-faq.koehntopp.de/q/q-suse100-ftponly.html
> (headlines in german, but the package list should be understandable for
> everybody ;-)

Why not point to the URL that is described in the `Release notes`
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/diff_cd_dvd.html
And there also is http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/16015.html

> In general, yes - but note that not all packages in Extra are on CD6 and
> therefore probably not on DVD5 also.

Not everything is on the CD 1-5 as well. Might be that those that are not
on CD 6 would normally need one of the packages that are not on CD1-5.

> OTOH, some packages are on CD6,
> but not in Extra...

That should, I think, not happen.

houghi