Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 02:38:52AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Umm. Too many things in my todo list O:-)

# sux -
$ rpm -Uvh http://www.hyperborea.org/software/dillo/rpms/dillo-0.8.6-1.suse10.i586.rpm
$ dillo
$ rpm -e dillo
$ exit

> > Many people might get confused if they suddenly see openSUSE differently
> > then what they are used to, or any of their favorite forum sites.
>
> Hold on, I must be confused, html things are not my strong point. CSS was
> not for https, I mean, encripted secure http? Or is it some sort of local
> rendering code?

CSS does the layout of the site.

> Dunno about that one, because I've never used irc - after all, till two
> months ago I had to pay my internet connection by the minute, so I didn't
> use those things.

I don't rally like it either. I can just imagine that many people would
think it to be great to have live support during the actual installation.

> > For me a network connection would
> > be enough, because then I can ssh to one of my external ssh accounts and
> > run whatever I like there.
>
> mc has an ftp client as well ;-)

ssh is a bit more then just ftp. If I have ssh and a connection, I have
all (CLI) tools that I can install and run. That way I have news, web,
mail, irc and what not.

> > The question is, can a network connection be made at that moment in the
> > insstallation?
>
> Quite early, at least. You can install from a network source, so it must
> be activated before the point when packages have to be installed.

Yes. Could be something nice for 10.2.

houghi