Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 02:46:41 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2006-05-03 at 01:59 +0200, houghi wrote:

> The boxed set has a dual layer DVD. This means it already holds much more
> then in the download version and I believe all of the FTP version. Please
> correct me if there are packages not included.

Yes, I think the boxed version is complete, including some non oss things,
and sometimes comercial software.

But if I understood Michael Schroeder correctly, he said that using gzip
instead of bzip would mean the software would not fit on the dvd - I
suppose he refers to the boxed version dvd. The ammount of packages must
be at the limit already.

They would then probably need three dvds: one, double layer for the 32 bit
version, another for the 64, and perhaps an extra one for the sources.

> So once you have the boxed version, you don't need to download.

Exactly.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson