Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 02:38:52 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2006-05-03 at 02:10 +0200, houghi wrote:

> > > DSL uses dillo.
> >
> > I haven't tried it, it is not included in 9.3.
>
> It is also not included in 10.0
> You could try the 10.0 URL I gave and see if that works `rpm -Uvh URL`

Umm. Too many things in my todo list O:-)

> > But we do not need CSS in the installation CD, do we? :-?
>
> Many people might get confused if they suddenly see openSUSE differently
> then what they are used to, or any of their favorite forum sites.

Hold on, I must be confused, html things are not my strong point. CSS was
not for https, I mean, encripted secure http? Or is it some sort of local
rendering code?

> > > YES! :-)
> >
> > I think many would agree on that one ;-)
> >
> > It is a wonderfull tool for finding info and investigating logs,
> > configuration files, documentations, rpm archives...
>
> Yes, and if there is a network connection, an IRC client should also be
> included, but that should be the limit.

Dunno about that one, because I've never used irc - after all, till two
months ago I had to pay my internet connection by the minute, so I didn't
use those things.

> For me a network connection would
> be enough, because then I can ssh to one of my external ssh accounts and
> run whatever I like there.

mc has an ftp client as well ;-)

> The question is, can a network connection be made at that moment in the
> insstallation?

Quite early, at least. You can install from a network source, so it must
be activated before the point when packages have to be installed.

Network card modules are be loaded right from the start, I think. If there
is a dhcp server it gets configured very early, I think.

Maybe it gets activated at the "proposal" phase.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson