Re: [opensuse] Upgrade RC1 to RC3?
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 12:19:19PM +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> Hey, maybe this is a good question for the community: would it be
> ok for you if we drop a couple of packages for faster installation?

At this moment you only need 3 CD's. What would be nice is an easier
1CD/FTP installation. e.g. start the standard installation and when it
does not find the CD's, you should be able to point out an FTP (or HTTP or
whatever) installation source.

If you have a browser running (e.g. on CTRL+ALT+F8) you could even look up
information at that moment if you do not know how to proceed.

I understand that there might be a lot things against this. e.g. Network
installation needs to be done much earlier in the installation.

I also know how frustrating it can be when you do not have a second PC to
find out what you are doing wrong.

houghi