Re: [opensuse] Posts
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 01:49:57 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-05-02 at 00:47 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:

> Thanks Carlos, I understand. I wasn't going to send through gmail, but
> my ISP's smtp server rejects mail from gmail addresses if it doesn't
> come from gmail itself (it seems), so I have to send via gmail. Think
> I'll find something different to use.

Hold on. You mean that email directed to you, sent from a gmail address,
is rejected by your ISP's smtp, if not relayed through gmail?

Ugh.

If you want, I can send an email to you in that way, direct, using my
gmail address, to test it.

That would be because your isp is using DomainKey-Signature (I think) to
determine if it comes from gmail or not. Too restrictive, a user can be
using many addresses and only one smtp server for all.

You could send it using your own postfix server in SuSE.

> Not getting my own post right now isn't much of an issue, but I keep all
> these mails because I often refer back to them, and sometimes it helps
> to read my own question :-)

Well, you have it, but in another folder: It will be in your sent
mail folder. If you have a filter to classify list mail, it will not
match.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson