Re: [opensuse] Posts
  • From: Hans du Plooy <koffiejunkielistlurker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 00:47:59 +0200
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 00:41 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> There is no solution.
>
> Gmail considers that both emails are duplicated, as both have the same
> 'Message-ID'. For reasons of their own gmail removes duplicates, and they
> only keep the first one they see; in this case, the local sent copy.
>
> Another symptom is that when somebody sends a reply to the list with private
> copy, gmail users only receive the direct copy because it arrives first.
>
> The only thing the OP can do is complain to gmail, use another account, or
> don't use gmail services for sending, only receiving.

Thanks Carlos, I understand. I wasn't going to send through gmail, but
my ISP's smtp server rejects mail from gmail addresses if it doesn't
come from gmail itself (it seems), so I have to send via gmail. Think
I'll find something different to use.

Not getting my own post right now isn't much of an issue, but I keep all
these mails because I often refer back to them, and sometimes it helps
to read my own question :-)

Thanks
Hans