Re: [opensuse] Posts
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 00:41:00 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-05-01 at 23:14 +0200, houghi wrote:

> On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 10:57:48PM +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:

> > For some reason my own posts don't come back to me, but I can see them
> > in the mailing list archive.

> It is a gmail problem. I have seen it discussed before. As I don't use
> gmail myself for this purpose I don't recall the solution. Perhaps it is
> enough to find back the thread where it was discussed.

There is no solution.

Gmail considers that both emails are duplicated, as both have the same
'Message-ID'. For reasons of their own gmail removes duplicates, and they
only keep the first one they see; in this case, the local sent copy.

Another symptom is that when somebody sends a reply to the list with private
copy, gmail users only receive the direct copy because it arrives first.

The only thing the OP can do is complain to gmail, use another account, or
don't use gmail services for sending, only receiving.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson