Re: [opensuse] Error with Yast2 module answering machine
  • From: Thomas Ohms <t.ohms@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 13:20:11 +0200
Am Sonntag, 30. April 2006 23:00 schrieb Thomas Ohms:
> Hi there!
>
> New to this list let me say "Hello" to everybody and bring forward my
> problem.
>
> To figure out if it is a bug or my fault here is what I have recognized:
>
> When starting the module answering_machine of Yast2 in console, I get the
> following error twice a time:
>
> Can't exec "ypcat": Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (<--means "file
> or directory could not be found) at
> /usr/lib/YaST2/servers_non_y2/ag_nis line 83, <STDIN> line 1 (#1)
> (W exec) A system(), exec(), or piped open call could not execute the
> named program for the indicated reason. Typical reasons include: the
> permissions were wrong on the file, the file wasn't found in
> $ENV{PATH}, the executable in question was compiled for another
> architecture, or the #! line in a script points to an interpreter that
> can't be run for similar reasons. (Or maybe your system doesn't
> support #! at all.)
>
> I am using SuSE 10.0.
> So is there something I have done wrong or is it bug I could report?
>
> Greets
> Thomas

Okay, I am getting a bit closer. I looked via "whereis" where yp is installed
to and noticed that only yp.conf in "/etc" was there. So I reinstalled the
yp-tools and now there is also "/usr/lib/yp" found.
But starting the Yast2 module "answering_machine" gets me a message like:
Map group.byname not found. Reason: The request arguments are invalid
Map passwd.byname not found. Reason: The request arguments are invalid
I have German errors coming up, but I guess it should be as written here in
English.
Any further ideas?

Greets
Thomas