Re: [SLE] Just installed SuSE 10
  • From: "Cody Nelson" <codynelson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:00:44 -0700
Have you tried putting a music cd in and seeing if that gives sound? sounds
like your sound server is not dropping control after the intro music.

I think is it somethign like that, I can play music cd's just fine. It
is looking like suse doesn;t come wiht the ability to play any media
formats, strange, but even workse is the huge list of crap I am having
to go through to get it to play my anime and movies. I am about to
pull my hair out over frustration, I have been using linux since 97
off and on, mostly as servers. And I keep trying to switch to it as a
desktop, but each tiem I hit walls of imposible frustration. what I
call dependancy hell, there has to be an easier way, just look at whta
I need

rts not available
db1 not available
libartsc.so.0 not available
libdvdnav not available
libdvdnav.so.4 not available
libmpeg2 not available
libmpeg2.so.0 not available
libwx_baseu-2.6.so.0 not available
libwx_baseu_net-2.6.so.0 not available
libwx_baseu_xml-2.6.so.0 not available
libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.6.so.0 not available
libwx_gtk2u_core-2.6.so.0 not available
libwx_gtk2u_html-2.6.so.0 not available
libwx_gtk2u_qa-2.6.so.0 not available
libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0 not available
libxosd.so.2 not available
vlc 0.8.4a-1.pm.7 conflict
Unresolved Requirements:
vlc requires arts
vlc requires wxGTK >= 2.4.2-
vlc requires db1 >= 1.85-
vlc requires libdvdnav >= 0.1.10-
vlc requires libmpeg2 >= 0.4.0b-
vlc requires libartsc.so.0
vlc requires libdvdnav.so.4
vlc requires libmpeg2.so.0
9 more...
Conflict Resolution:
( ) Do Not Install vlc
( ) Ignore Conflict and Risk System Inconsistencies
wxGTK not available
Required by:
vlc requires wxGTK >= 2.4.2-
Conflict Resolution:
( ) Remove the Referring Package
Do Not Install vlc
( ) Ignore Conflict and Risk System Inconsistencies

and that is after an hr of tryign to find the right thigns to add vlc
using packman,

and I still have not been able to fix what suse did to my system to
get back into windows.