Re: [SLE] Laptop recommendation
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:05:01 -0500
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 00:04:53 +0200
Hans du Plooy <hansdp-lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 09:43 -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> > I'm not concerned about installing ndiswrapper for the Broadcom wireless.
>
> Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to get the
> ndiswrapper/broadcom combo to bridge with the vmware device, so my
> virtual machines can't see the rest of the network when I'm on wireless
> (but they can see each other).
>
> > Many of the HP Compaq n series business notebooks are officially certified
> > by SuSE, but those notebooks tend to be more expensive, but there are a
> > bunch that are available refurbished or excess new.
> The nx6125 is, I think, well priced for what you get. I have the ML-34
> model (not the newest any more).
Thanks Hans,
I ended up buying the nx6125 (ML-37) before I saw your post. it has what
I need, and I know that SuSE will run on this very comfortably, although
the other HP models should work ok. Another advantage is that all my
coworkers have some form of HP N series. The only drawback to the model
I bought was that the HD was 60GB, and I would have preferred a bit
more, but that should be sufficient.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group