Re: [SLE] Stop showing Kmix
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:03:55 -0800
On Friday 31 March 2006 06:46 pm, James Knott wrote:
> Is there anyway to stop the Kmix panel from opening, when logging into
> SUSE 10? I don't like having to close it every time I log in. If I
> need it, I know where to find it. I just want the mixer to start up,
> without the panel appearing.

Yes, but I don't have a clue how I did it.

IIRC, the KMix panel would open every time I launched KDE. I think it had
something to do with me loading the program from the menu rather than in the
system tray icon thingy.

Ever since about November, the app has started as expected in the system tray
without showing anything.

I believe there are no settings for this. I pretty much don't touch it these
days, for fear of screwing it up. Kind of like how I never touch
KLineaKConfig for fear of losing my green OSD bar.

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.