Re: [SLE] Digital audio on linux
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:05:37 -0800
On Saturday 01 April 2006 05:31 am, Lake-Wind wrote:
> John Pettigrew wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Can anyone tell me the best way to get audio sampling and mixing working
> > under SUSE 10.0? I'm wanting to start recording some of my music. It'll
> > be through a USB-connected M-Audio Black Box - this ought to be supported
> > because it's "class compliant" but can anyone confirm? And what's the
> > best way to get Rosegarden or other similar stuff (I'm also rather
> > interested in Ardour, the open-source DAW) working?
>
> I forgot to mention that Ardour is not available for SUSE 10
> but the version for 9.3 is reported to work with 10. It's
> available here:
>
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2635668/com/ardour-0.99.2-0.oc2
>pus.1.i586.rpm.html
>
> I've installed it but haven't tried using it yet.
I spent a few hours trying to get it work with no success.

Of course, my main problems is I cannot get this JACK thing to work, so by
default Ardour doesn't work.

:(
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.