Re: Hardware comments wanted - Followup
  • From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:07:56 +0200
Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
Hi,

I am upgrading my Linux box of SuSE 9.2 and would like to insert a LG DVD. Do the list users have any model number preferences or perhaps even a differnt make ie Samsung?

Having had good occurences with a LiteON CD-ROM drive I have installed a LiteOn DVDRW and it is detected perfectly in SuSE 9.2. I haven't burnt anything yet but am sure all will be OK.

Strange but true, when contacting LiteON directly, they said it was not tested under Linux and I should rater buy Windows and install it there as they have tested it on Windows.

Yeh right, buy Windows, for what? :)

Hylton Conacher - Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Currently using SuSE 9.2 Professional with KDE