Re: [SLE] Stop showing Kmix
  • From: JB <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:21:45 -0600
On Saturday 01 April 2006 06:35, James Knott wrote:

<snip>

> I have checked kmixrc and found nothing that helps. The session manager
> is set to start with an empty session.

Hi James,

I was having trouble with kmix too, though a little different than your
problem, but similar enough I tried something to fix it from the replies
you've been getting.
Every time I used Kalarm to start alsaplayer for me, I'd wake up and see the
big kmix thing slapped on the screen...every time. It would take over all my
settings I had in alsamixergui and I had to redo everything. So, I went into
~/.kde/share/config/kmixrc and looked at things (I didn't really have a clue
what I was doing, but...).
I did find this though: startkdeRestore=true
I figured, what the heck, and set it to startkdeRestore=false
Then I used kalarm to test it...kmix did *not* pop up! Not sure if this will
work after a restart, but it can't hurt to try it.

JB