Do you buy the boxed set this time around?
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 22:02:33 -0600
When 10.0 came out, there was much discussion about the fact that you no
longer got the Admin manual, just a, more or less, SuSE Linux for Dummies
User Guide (okay, maybe it's a little better than that (or not as good?)).
Many people were saying they should have just downloaded the software and
not bought the retail version, since many of them were buying the retail
version, at least in part, because of the nice handy Admin manual that came
with it (though the matter was then raised as to how someone should be
paying something to Novell to support the efforts being made by to improve
the product). I guess this whole issue will be front and center again with
the upcoming release. Buy the boxed set, or download, that is the question.
Then again, I don't recall whether the downloads were actually a
"legitimate" way of obtaining the product or not, though it would seem that
Novell would not be in the business of giving away something they were
simultaneously selling(?).

Greg Wallace

< Previous Next >