Re: [SLE] Introduction and Question
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 20:36:45 -0800
On Saturday 01 April 2006 07:35 pm, Greg Wallace wrote:
<snip>

> >If the company allows free distribution - whether under GPL (like KDE),
>
> LGPL
>
> >(like Gnome?), or other licenses - then the company providing the
> >distribution can release it.
>
> Kai:
>
> Not trying to steal the thread,

Oooh, you're gonna get it from the thread gestapo! They're pretty aggressive
here. You might even be plonked or worse. :P

> but just wanted to ask a quick on-topic
> follow up question. In this case, would it maybe be a matter of RealPlayer
> allowing Amorok to distribute their binary along with their (Amorok's) own
> open source product as a way to sort of "get the word out" about Realplayer
> to some who might not otherwise have looked into their product?

Well, I'm definitely not the one to ask about this. You might try contacting
Real or Novell directly about this. I am simply guessing that Real likes to
get their product out and don't care about what else is shipped with it.

Now for a real On-Topic question: What Ale is best to drink in an early spring
evening while playing Battle for Wesnoth?

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.