Re: [SLE] server certificate authenticity ?!
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:27:04 +0200
Sat, 01 Apr 2006, by cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx:

> I am using KDE 3.5 and Kmail on my 9.3 Suse.
> Everyday I get following information when sending my first email of the day.
>
> The server certificate failed the authenticity test (smtp.telkom.net).
>
> After entering "continue" I get following question.
>
> Would you like to accept this certificate forever without being prompted?
>
> After entering my choice of accepting "forever" I am ready for sending my
> email.
>
> This happens for two of my isp's. Next day I have to go through the same
> practice so I wonder what "forever" means in this respect and how I can get
> rid of this server certificate question.

It probably means these isps use self-signed certs, and your client
doesn't recognize the CA (Certificate Authority).
Either ask these isps to start using certs which are signed by a
known CA, or import the server certificate from these isps and let
the client s/w know where to find it.
In Kmail: Tools -> Certificate manager
This start Kleopatra (in 9.2 anyway): File -> Import Certificates.
(Not tested, I don't use kmail myself).

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E. + ICQ: 277217131