Re: [SLE] Why no Reply-to?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:22:26 -0400
* Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-02-06 04:39]:
> The question is, which email clients, and I assume there are many to
> accomodate the worldwise audience the list has, are available that
> provide the 'Reply-To' feature/method this list requires.

No, not 'Reply-To', but a List-Reply function that recognizes a
mailing list and replies to the 'List'.

Mutt, KMail and evolution have this feature (that I know of).

> We ALL know that many email clienta are not 'suitable' for this list,
> but no one has yet supplied a list, to my knowledge, of the ones that do
> provide this lists 'feature'.

'suitable' may be a poor choice of words. Any email client may be
suitable, but require the user to make adjustments to his client's
"usual" presentation.

> From the previous postings I am so far aware that KMail is compliant to
> this however backward, correct according to standards list.
>
> Can/would anyone care to provide a list, both for the current OP and
> which, in my opinion, should be included in the list FAQ/Help?
>
> I perrsonally would be most interested in Mozilla and Thunderbird.

AFAIK, they do not. You must choose the list address.