Re: [SLE] YOU breaks Xorg
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 15:52:55 +0200
On Sunday 02 April 2006 14:26, Peter Onion wrote:
> I ran YOU for the first time in a few weeks yesterday. Today both my
> SuSE 10.0 boxes have broken X configurations....

Did the same thing here just now when I did the update. Whatever it was
it came from that last patch for the xorg-server.

> Both machines have ATI cadrs and use the ATI fglrx drivers. For some
> reason something changed the "driver" line in xorg.conf to say
> "radeon" where is used to say "fglrx". SInce the radeon driver
> doesn't support my cards I ended up with broken X (i.e. No dual head,
> No DRM, No 3D acceleration/openGL).

It was nice enough to save the original xorg.conf to
xorg.conf.post_x11-server. I moved it back and all is well.

> Why should anything in YOU be messing about in xorg.conf files ?

No idea, but I'm going to file a bug report with Novell. There should at
least be a warning about a config change.

Mike