Re: [SLE] Re: Hardware comments wanted - Followup
  • From: "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:09:22 -0400
On Sunday 02 April 2006 9:53 am, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Strange but true, when contacting LiteON directly, they said it was not
> tested under Linux and I should rater buy Windows and install it there
> as they have tested it on Windows.

I am surprised how many companies are still out there with products that work
with Linux but they are afraid to officially say so. If it were my product I
would test it and print right on the box that it works with Linux. Who knows
how many more customers they would get?

I have two Lite-On DVD burners (8x single layer) and they work great with
Linux!

Bryan