Re: [SLE] Instead of /cdexos/ on Win ... what on SUSE10?
  • From: "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 16:58:03 -0400
On Saturday 01 April 2006 11:08 pm, Peter Van Lone wrote:

> well since CDex is windows only ....
> I'll try Audacity then. Is this a personal reccomendation, or just a
> package you know of?

Or use cdparanoia to create the wavs, then use oggenc to encode to the open,
patent-free ogg format. The command I like to use: specifying quality
rather than bitrate (to a very high quality mode)

oggenc infile.wav -q 9 out.ogg

This choice will not give you the database lookup of your track titles that I
saw mentioned at least once in this thread. I think it was in Kaudiocreator.
I did not see anyone state whether Kaudiocreator does tagging.

You can tag your oggs with vorbiscomment.

Bryan