Re: [SLE] FTP dvd image, was Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:14:28 +1100
On Monday 03 April 2006 16:38, Per Jessen wrote:
> Something like that, but how are you going to start the install system?
> You'll need to boot that from somewhere. Maybe use the mini-boot-iso
> on a USB-stick? (I don't know if that'll work).

I have set up an Installation Server using the retail DVD, which is quite
simple to setup using Yast.

To install a new computer I just use a boot CD to start an installation via
NFS. (I used the boot image off the DVD to create the boot CD)

If you have a few systems to install I suggest you look at the
SuSE-Autoinstall function, with this you can define the software to be
installed as well as alter the config scripts to suit your installation. You
will find good support via the suse-autoinstall@xxxxxxxx mailing list.

--
Regards,

Graham Smith