Re: [SLE] Do you buy the boxed set this time around?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:04:20 +0100
On 03/04/06, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anders Johansson wrote:
>
> > I think the topic of discussion was between buying the software as
> > opposed to downloading the rpms/ISO images for free. Then the main
> > value add is the support you get when you buy it
>
> The printed manual used to be an important value-add too. I think the
> first SUSE version I bought was 4.4.1 - to me, the printed manual was
> very important, the installation support less so. (maybe there was no
> installation support back then, I'm not sure).
>

> /Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

The printed manuals were a very big thing for me. I am finding that
more and more I cannot sit for more than about 20 minutes in about
every 4 hours at the computer. It is set up correctly regarding
refresh rates etc. I get a migraine if I try to go beyond that 20
minutes.

Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay