Re: [SLE] SuSE Enterprise Server - Opinion Please
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:18:28 -0400
On Monday 03 April 2006 7:31 am, andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone using SuSE Enterprise Server 9?
We have it in our lab, but I'm not sure what the license restrictions are.
You can get onto Novell's site and find out. We have a corporate license.
The basic thing that SuSE does with their releases is they have a common
build such that SuSE 9.x and SLES 9.0 start from the same place with the
SLES products being on a 2-year release cycle with service packs and
updates along the way where the Open SuSE and SuSE retail products are more
cutting edge and have shorter release cycles.

SLES 9 is designed as a server product and does not have things such as a
compiler on the release itself. If you want the compiler you download the
SDK (free).

The exact contents of the release is also available on SuSE.COM.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group