how to log off from smb?
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:34:45 +0200
Hello

Does anybody know, how I can log off a smb-connection between Suse 10 and
Win98?

I have an old Win98 PC and I use some of it's disk space for backups. I
installed the samba client here on the SUSE 10.0 machine and everything works
fine, except that it seems that Windows sees a new user each time I do
something with a Windows-drive in konqueror with smb:// ???

When I shutdown Win it says "there are X users connected...". And Win get's so
sloooooow with time, even when I do nothing with its drives.

I thought, the samba-connection would be closed when I close konqueror, but
oviously this is not the case.... Any help, please?

Daniel

special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com

  • No further messages