Re: [SLE] YOU breaks Xorg
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 23:54:19 +0200
On Monday 03 April 2006 23:18, BandiPat wrote:

> Clayton,
> I'm not so sure this is a xorg problem. I've got a sinking feeling
> it's something else that may be more difficult to track down. I've
> been experimenting since last evening and have yet to get things back
> to normal. ATI driver quit working, reinstalled kernel to go back to
> the radeon driver there, after doing several other tests. Still no
> go with direct rendering, although the logs show it enabled.
> Checking with glxinfo shows it not on and using Mesa. Also, glxgears
> is painfully slow.

You made it too hard. The latest xorg-server update had a postin script
that rewrote your xorg.conf and changed the fglrx to radeon. The good
part is that it saves the original to another xorg.conf.xxxxxxx file
Don't remember the name off-hand. Changed it to that one and the system
is back to normal.

Mike