Re: [SLE] Re: KBear FTP on SuSE 10.0
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:30:55 +0200
Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 16:01 schrieb Chuck Davis:
> Clint:
>
> I'm with Kai. Just use Konqueror. For example, type in the address
> ftp://yourname@xxxxxxxx?.? and you will get the log on to the machine
> you are trying to access. You can move directory structures with no
> problem.
>
> Very slick indeed.
>
> HTH
>
> Chuck

Just a note, don't know if it's a problem of my provider or of konqueror:

As Kbear often crashes I prefer konqueror, too. I use sftp (don't want
anybody to listen to my passwords...). It is very comfortable.

But one day, I've put a lot of files to the server, opened some using kwrite,
took some files from the server, renamed, added new directories... and so
on... suddenly the server said "too many ssh connections". I couldn't
re-connect anymore.

When I called the provider, he asked about the ftp-client I am using and when
I said "konqueror" he said: "oh, no good, you should use a real ftp-proram
like Kbear or something, because konqueror doesn't handle the log on/off's
correctly".

I have no idea if this is true or not. Would be interesting if somebody knows
if there is really a difference in the sftp-log in or out handling between
konqueror and Kbear?

I still use konqueror (pssst, don't tell anybody ;-) ), however I never needed
to do so many things the same day again as when the mentioned message came
up...

Daniel
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com