Re: [SLE] Why no Reply-to?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:05:51 +0100
On 04/04/06, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/04/03 10:17 ken apparently typed:
>
> > I would agree with another poster on this topic: we should have another
> > list to discuss how to use this list.
>
> That's really pointless. Suselinuxusers on yahoogroups already has 1306
> subscribers, and IIRC it does as does most of the world's dicussion
> lists, as is the yahoogroups norm, by setting replies back to the list
> by default. If everyone subscribing here who disagrees with this list's
> policy would unsubscribe here and subscribe there, eventually we'd
> probably be able to see which policy works best simply from the
> subscriber counts.
>
> A slightly more extreme alternative would be to install factory,
> subscribe to the opensuse-factory list, and couch all your questions in
> factory terms to ensure they're on topic there, where replies are set to
> go automatically back to the list by default.
> --

Along those lines of thinking, Felix, I wonder just how many
subscribers there are to this list? Compared to all those Yahoo
Groups subscribers?

I don't agree with the set reply policy but I put up with it. It's
not really a 'big' deal even though I did what many other have done
and will do by asking about it on list. I don't even bother getting
involved in the arguments anymore - this mail being an exception to
the rule of course :-)
Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay