Re: [SLE] YOU breaks Xorg
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:20:00 +0200
> > After the YOU update, and a reboot (which took me about a week before
> > I rebooted) the graphics were hosed. I have a dual monitor setup
> > using nVidia's Twinview options. It used to work perfectly - I had
> > full 3D accelleration on both montiors etc. Now, I don't have any 3D
> > accel at all, and only one monitor is working.. the second monitor is
> > being driven out of range.
>
> Did you try reinstalling the nvidia driver? Updating either X or the
> kernel with YOU will uninstall it

OK.. reinstalled the driver using YOU... Forced the Update... and
still my video is broken. I am using a last known working
xorg.conf... and no working dual monitor... no GL... despite the
correct settings. It's as if I've ververted to the nv driver - I've
checked and the nvidia driver is being called by xorg. There are no
errors being logged in /var/log.

My next option is what? Force install the nvidia drivers direct from
nvidia and recompile the kernel modules? Or try to guess which rpms
were udated in teh last YOU update and roll them back to the DVD
version?