Re: [SLE] YOU breaks Xorg
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:41:18 +0200
First... sorry about mailing you and the list at the same time
Anders... I sometimes forget to clean up the To:/Cc: fields before I
click send....

> > > After the YOU update, and a reboot (which took me about a week before
> > > I rebooted) the graphics were hosed. I have a dual monitor setup
> > > using nVidia's Twinview options. It used to work perfectly - I had
> > > full 3D accelleration on both montiors etc. Now, I don't have any 3D
> > > accel at all, and only one monitor is working.. the second monitor is
> > > being driven out of range.
> >
> > Did you try reinstalling the nvidia driver? Updating either X or the
> > kernel with YOU will uninstall it

I did some more tinkering... I ended up having to maually run the
nvidia installer from /usr/share/doc/nvidia plus roll back all my xorg
to the previous version. Now I'm upgrading one package set at a time
to try and find the culprit... if I can nail it down to one I'll
re-post ot the list here....