Re: [SLE] YOU breaks Xorg
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:55:41 +0200
On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20:20, Clayton wrote:

> OK.. reinstalled the driver using YOU... Forced the Update... and
> still my video is broken. I am using a last known working
> xorg.conf... and no working dual monitor... no GL... despite the
> correct settings. It's as if I've ververted to the nv driver - I've
> checked and the nvidia driver is being called by xorg. There are no
> errors being logged in /var/log.
>
> My next option is what? Force install the nvidia drivers direct from
> nvidia and recompile the kernel modules? Or try to guess which rpms
> were udated in teh last YOU update and roll them back to the DVD
> version?

FWIW, I filed a bug report on this for the ATI portion problems. When I
noticed things happening with Nvidia, I sent a message to the
maintainer to let him know there were more problems than the change for
the ATI driver. Last message I had from him just a little while ago was
that he was going to try to duplicate the Nvidia problem. Hopefully
they will find the problem quickly.

Mike