Re: [SLE] Stopping spam to postmaster@ account?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:01:08 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-04-04 at 20:21 +0200, Sandy Drobic wrote:

> > But "whois" gives some info:
> >
> > netname: CHINATELECOM-BJ
> > country: CN
> > descr: CHINANET beijing province network
>
> Unfortunately Postfix does not care about whois info. (^-^)

I know. I use that when investigating later.

> > > whitelist some clients that are wrongly listed in these RBLs. That
> > > is the reason why such RBLs are chancy.
> >

> > And also some people like me who send email direct.
>
> True, many here on this list privately use their own server at home. I do that
> as well, though I am lucky to have the option to use the mailserver of my
> provider as relay if some ISP rejects mails from dynamic ip addresses.

Unfortunately, I know of several ISPs here that do not allow relaying for
their clients based on certain restrictions; some do not allow relaying of
other "from" addresses than their own.

I still have to find out in which category is my new provider.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >