Re: [SLE] Logrotate problems
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 00:32:43 +0200
On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 16:30 -0500, Ryan McCain wrote:
> I need to rotate the normal logs in var as well as logs in
> /var/log/syslogs/ , however, logrotate doesnt seem to be working on the
> /var/log/syslogs directory. I'm assuming its a syntax error of some
> kind

It is a huge number of 1.1.1 endings you have there. Is that really
correct?

Where is the archive/ directory? You're moving things to a relative
path, are you really sure about the current working directory of the
script?

> /var/log/syslogs/* {
> daily
> create
> rotate 2
> compress
> compresscmd /usr/bin/gzip
> postrotate
> killall -1 syslog-ng
> mv *.gz archive/
> endscript
>

> }

> as you can see the logs arent being rotated or compressed in this
> directory.

How can we tell? You're moving the .gz files immediately after rotating
to a directory somewhere, and you're telling logrotate to recreate the
log file after rotating. As far as I can see, your output of ls is
totally normal