Re: [SLE] Problem upgrade, downloaded - installed but nothing changes
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:06:34 -0600
On 04/04/06 19:49, Arie Reynaldi Z wrote:
>>Log out (close session only)
>>Ctl+Alt+F2
>>log in as root
>>"init 3" and wait; at prompt hit 'Enter'
>>"init 5 && exit"
>>and check to see if this has changed.
>>I suspect you've upgraded successfully but neglected to shut down and restart
>>X.
>>

>Hi Carl,
>
>I've try it, I even restart the computer. But whenever I check in rpm
>-qa | grep kdelibs, it still come
>compaq:~ # rpm -qa | grep kdelibs
>kdelibs3-doc-3.5.1-15
>kdelibs3-arts-3.5.1-15
>kdelibs3-3.5.1-15
>It seems every packages (KDE 3.5.2) that i download it's not
>installed. Where YOU or Yast put download packages ? Can I install
>manually from it ?
If the packages are still on your system, they will be somewhere under
/var/lib/YaST2/you/. Otherwise, you can just download them from the ftp
server.

Yes, you can install using yast; just run "yast -i <package>" where
<package> is the name of the rpm to be installed. Run "yast --help" to
read a short help on this.

< Previous Next >