Re: [SLE] YAST2/YOU Control
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 00:40:51 -0400
On Tuesday 04 April 2006 18:22, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 7:49 am, kai wrote:
> > On Friday 31 March 2006 03:03 am, Chiu, PCM (Peter) wrote:
> > > Two questions really:
> > >
> > > a. where can I get more details in the setting up the control on
> > > YAST2 - YOU in particular?
> > > Both the man page on yast2 and the document refered in
> > > /usr/share/doc/packages/yast2
> > > do not give more details in controller how the online update is
> > > handled.
> > >
> > > b. On a system that I have previously configured to have automated
> > > updates from yast2,
> > > I would like to disable one product from being updated. I am
> > > not convinced the way
> > > I did it have actually taken into effect. Basically from Yast2,
> > > on-line update,
> > > manually selected patches, next, searrch (as the one in question
> > > does not
> > > show up in the YOU Patches), found a grey-out product, select
> > > it, then
> > > from You Patch tab- All in this list - Protected - Do not
> > > modify. (Here I noticed the icon has not been changed.)

Ummmm.... I am not sure this is even pertinent because I really don't
understand the problem being discussed. But awhile back there was a problem
with YOU in updating protected files by installing them anyway. The solution
was that you had to go back before an update, unprotect them, and then
re-protect them so that YOU would honor it. Was a big PITA. Not sure if that
was ever resolved as I don't use YOU to update anymore. Switched over and
used apt ever since. Never a problem.

Anyway, just ignore me. Thought I would throw in my .02 cents worth.

Bob S.