Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: "Gaël Lams" <lamsgael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:55:11 +0200
> Simply to make me learn more of the command line, and text functions. Not to give myself a headache.
>
> I also want to expand out the other way, and run x remotely (not vnc).
>
> Just to learn.

An easier start would be to install SuSe with the minimun software
packages selectio (no desktop) and try to configure and setup a few
services (apache, ssh, mysql, ....), some using yast and then
modifying the configuration files with vi (or another editor) and
other (for instance proftpd or vsftpd) by compiling from source

Regards,

Gaël