Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 03:34:03 -0400
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 2:55 am, Gaël Lams wrote:
> > Simply to make me learn more of the command line, and text functions.
> > Not to give myself a headache.
> >
> > I also want to expand out the other way, and run x remotely (not vnc).
> >
> > Just to learn.
>
> An easier start would be to install SuSe with the minimun software
> packages selectio (no desktop) and try to configure and setup a few
> services (apache, ssh, mysql, ....), some using yast and then
> modifying the configuration files with vi (or another editor) and
> other (for instance proftpd or vsftpd) by compiling from source
>
> Regards,
>
> Gaël

That's pretty much what I said. People seem tot hink they need another distro
to learn something. I'm happy to hear at least someone else out there
understands.

OT:

How do you pronounce your name? It seems German and if I'm correct it would
sound like "Gah - ayle" in English.. I think lol. I'm terrible with Umlauts
unless it's the U.