Re: FAQ: Why Reply-to Me? (was Re: [SLE] Which Linux?)
  • From: "T. Ribbrock" <admin_slox-e@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:33:52 +0200
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 04:13:27AM -0400, ken wrote:
[...]
> Thanks much for the reply and confirmation. So it would seem that if I
> post something to this list and want replies to it to go to the list,
> all I have to do is include a header which says:

> If I don't include this header in my post, then I should fully expect
> that people will reply to me instead of to the list... and I would
> really have no grounds for complaining about this to them, no call for
> asking them, "Why did you reply to me? Please reply to the LIST."
[...]

Of course you'd be able to tell them that - if they answer to you
personally when they actually intended to answer to the list they obvoulsy
weren't paying attention to what they were doing or they never bothered to
learn how to use their mail program. This is completely independent of the
mailing list setup.

Cheerio,

Thomas