[OT] Another good windows glitch - like we needed another one.
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 07:35:09 -0400
I'm trying to laugh about this because the alternative will be to kick
my computer off the roof.

I need to run XP occasionally so I have a dual-boot config. This
morning I tried to boot Win XP and was told 'windows needs to be
activated' - and it wouldn't log me in. I did that last year and I
haven't changed anything, but what the hell - I have a legal copy, so
I clicked yes. Then it said 'this copy of windows is already
activated' and logged me off... rebooted - and the same thing. It
won't let me log in and it won't activate. I have to reinstall from
scratch AGAIN! What a design. <sigh>

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.
--

< Previous Next >