Re: [SLE] Re: The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:02:31 +0100
On 05/04/06, Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not only is it 'unpolished' (good word choice) but you'll want to beat
> the Mandriva people over the head with their 'club' in fairly short
> order - you can do very little without paying them for that. I came
> from Mandrake to SuSE and have consistantly been happy I did so. From
> what I hear, Mandriva is two steps further down the ladder than
> Mandrake was.
>
> Mike-
> --

Ha, ha, ha :-) you should try Linspire then...no, on second thoughts
please don't. I'd take Mandriva over Linspire anyday. That is truly
one awful Linux distro. I still don't really know who it is aimed at.
It's simpler than simple MS Windows is so they can't be looking for
converts there. Everything is done with root privileges....why????
I've seen the arguments by the Linspire CEO and I don't buy them.

Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay