Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Linux as we know it?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:04:18 +0100
On 05/04/06, lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx <lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > On Tuesday 04 April 2006 11:47 pm, lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > So why not open a terminal in SUSE and as root type init 3? I don't understand
> > this... The gentoo install is stupid at stage 1 and the only reason peopel do
> > it is for ego. Do you think that .... 2% speed increase maybe? Means anything
> > to a user? No.
> >
> > And why did you send this to me off list, if I read and replied to you I'm
> > obviously on this list.
>
> As being discussed on the list, the whole Reply to thing, You have to click reply to all, then delete the user, to reply to the list (webmail restrictions, stupid, yes!). And if you look at the time, I was falling asleep at the keyboard. I am sorry for that.
> Ego, no, It doesn't temp you with ease of use. And it does allow me to TRY another distro, just like Linux, it's about CHOICE. I never understand WHY people seem to have a problem with that.

If you do that with the reply to then you cause problems for some
other list users. As I found out the other week.

Just delete the address in the reply to field and pop in the list
address, it's easy enough. You don't have to reply to all.

Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay